Show Summary Details.
- Scandals And Abstraction: Financial Fiction Of The Long s By Leigh Claire La Berge.
- Zeitschrift für Anglistik und Amerikanistik.
- Product description.
- Perfumes, Cosmetics and Soaps: Volume II The Production, Manufacture and Application of Perfumes;
- Objects of Design From the Museum of Modern Art.
- Book Scandals And Abstraction: Financial Fiction Of The Long S .
More options …. See all formats and pricing. Online ISSN See all formats and pricing Online.
Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include postage and handling if applicable. Volume 66 Issue 4 Dec , pp. Volume 65 Issue 4 Dec , pp.
Holdings: Scandals and abstraction :
Volume 64 Issue 4 Dec , pp. Volume 63 Issue 4 Dec , pp.
- Scandals and Abstraction Quotes by Leigh Claire La Berge.
- The Scandal of NCAA College Sports - The Atlantic.
- Encyclopedia of World Cultures: Oceania.
- Book Scandals And Abstraction: Financial Fiction Of The Long 1980S 2014;
- Star Trek: Cold Fusion (Star Trek: Corp of Engineers, Book 6).
- Scandals and Abstraction: Financial Fiction of the Long 1980s;
Volume 62 Issue 4 Dec , pp. Volume 61 Issue 4 Oct , pp.
Volume 60 Issue 4 Oct , pp. Volume 59 Issue 4 Oct , pp.
Volume 58 Issue 4 Oct , pp. Volume 57 Issue 4 Oct , pp.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Then go to step 5.
We’re listening — tell us what you think
Prices and offers may vary in store. The Long s could be summed up handily in the annals of U. Mining a wide range of literature, film, and financial print journalism, Scandals and Abstraction chronicles how American society's increasing concern with finance found expression in a large array of culturalmaterials that ultimately became synonymous with postmodernism.
The ever-present credit cards, monetary transactions, and ATMs in Don De Lillo's White Noise open this study as they serve as touchstones for its protagonist's sense of white masculinity and ground the novel's narrative form.
Tom Wolfe's The Bonfire of the Vanities and Oliver Stone's Wall Streetanimate a subsequent chapter, as each is considered in light of the stock market crash and held up as a harbinger of a radical new realism that claimed a narrative monopoly on representing an emergent financial era. These works give way to the pornographic excess and violence of Bret EastonEllis's epochal American Psycho, which is read alongside the popular s genre of the financial autobiography.
Boone Pickens's Boone. A look at Jane Smiley's Good Faith and its plot surrounding the savings and loan crisis of the s and s, concludes the study, and considers how financial reportage became a template for much of our current writing about of finance. Drawing on a diverse archive of novels, films, autobiographies, and journalism, Scandals and Abstraction provides a timely study of the economy's influence on fiction, and outlines a feedback loop whereby postmodernism became more canonical, realism became more postmodern, and finance became adistinct cultural object.
About The Author.